Monday, September 22, 2014

36/37 weeks

Can't believe this is one of my very LAST bump dates on here! I feel like I just started this thing! It is absolutely crazy/insane/not-real that in exactly ONE week... just SEVEN days...our baby girl will be here. I feel like I just peed on a stick yesterday and freaked out and was dancing with my doggies in the living room waiting for Chris to come home to tell him the news! Soo much has happened since then and I really can't even believe the time is finally here. I felt like it went by SO fast..yet I also feel like I've been pregnant for my whole life if that makes any sense? haha.
On a more serious note...I am so ready/anxious/nervous/ and maybe slightly terrified for Monday. Is that normal? I think it is.I hope it is. Everything seems to be hitting me...Are we ready ? Do we have everything we need?  What if something goes wrong ? What if something happens to her or me? I've never held a newborn before..Did I do enough reading/researching on caring for newborns? I spent too much time decorating nursery and buying cute clothes and not enough time learning how to care for baby!! I'm terrible! 
Those are just a few random thoughts I've been having....totally normal right? please tell me yes! haha! Everyone keeps telling me your "Motherly" instincts kick in and take over and I hope that is the case! Either way...Must stop worrying and know that everything will be fine! 


BUMPDATE:

How far along: 38 weeks 1 day

Gender Prediction?: GIRL

Baby is the size of?: A watermelon! 


Weight gain: ooh yea....Although the gaining seems to have not been as drastic the last few Doctors appts ..only up by a pound each time and pretty much staying the same. I'm not happy/proud of the 45lbs I've gained ! Mama's got some work to do after this baby is born!!

Maternity clothes: Umm yes....and those aren't even comfy anymore! Currently living in my Gap modal stretch pants and tanks. 

Stretch marks: Ohh yea...I made it so long without a single one I thought I would get away with it but nope.


Belly button in or out: Out...I hate it. Outie belly buttons are so weird!

Sleep: TERRIBLE..awful....horrible...can't move. stuck in place. pain everywhere. just killmee nowwww. I need a trapeze like my residents have @ work to hoist me outta bed ;)

Best moment this week: Hmmm.... Not many great and wonderful things happening over here since this chick is officially MISERABLE. I did get out on Saturday w/ my Mom and Brandy for a pedicure which was so nice! also did some shopping with them ( or should I say attempted) until my legs/pelvis/and hips laughed at me and then decided not to work anymore. boo :( I hate sitting for long periods of time I go crazy...yet when I try to get up and out of the house...I can't do that either. I feel trapped! these next 7 days need to flyyyy by. But something tells me the last week will be the longest of my life?


Miss anything: Being able to do life.

Movement: She's out of room! My belly is taking on all sorts of shapes lately as she stretches and rolls across it.

Cravings: Hmm..still loving my ice water and all things fruit. Currently obsessed with Wegmans strawberry sorbet bars. Its like a smoothie on a stick! YUM! also loving all things pumpkin spice....typical. 

Queasy or sick: Nausea has been coming and going lately. And just major pain/pressure. 

Looking forward to: NEXT MONDAY!!!! Can't believe that in exactly a week from this very moment baby girl will be here and in our arms :) 



WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO:




Did some early decorating for Fall. 
I love my sparkly pumpkin :)

Took advantage of Bath&Body 2/$22 candle
sale last week and had a $10 off coupon too! score!
I am absolutely loving this scent for fall!!

Pre-baby stock up !! 

How adorable are these halloween headbands I 
ordered for Ava? I can't wait to dress her up 

Of course Ava's room wouldn't be complete
without a picture of her guardian angel pup Jax.
I am still so sad she won't know who he is :(
but I look forward to the day she gets to pick out
her own puppy to grow up with.

Made some goodie bags for the nurses in the hospital!
As a nurse myself I know how awesome it is to
be recognized and hopefully this brightens their day! 
and if it gets me a few extra perks i'm alright with that ;)
Inside the bags are mini hand sanitizers, pack of gum, 
famous amos cookies, starburst/skittle packets, and fruit snacks.

I was having a particularly crappy day last week. Until I 
received the most amazing package in the mail
from my sweet sister in law Nicki! It is called the
blardigan! half blanket half cardigan! not really..just the most amazing
oversized/comfortable/soft cardigan you've ever worn.
Seriously. Every girl needs this Blardigan for fall/winter!
I've been wanting one forever. Thank you SO much Nicki!
I can't wait to light a pumpkin candle and snuggle up with baby
girl in this!!

Most recent bump pic. She has definitely
dropped and I'm DEFINITELY feeling all of THAT.
This was only a few days ago..and I already feel 
way bigger. ughh.

And who remembers when I thought
I had a baby bump? haha!!
Same shirt and all ;-)















2 comments:

  1. Yes - you're fears, anxieties and "holy crap!" moments are all normal. But once she is here and in your arms, you'll know exactly what she needs. You're her Momma... no one else in the world will know her like you do. And PS - I can't wait to come up next week so we can wear our blardigans together and cuddle her for 4 straight days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CaityBug... Your motherly instincts will kick right in! I know you will be a wonderful mama to Miss Ava!! I still can't believe she will be here next week!! Seems like we have been waiting forever!! I'm so happy for you and Chris! I can't wait to meet Ava! I love you CaityBug.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete