Wednesday, January 14, 2015

two & three months of ava!

Well those three months flew right on by! This blog is being seriously neglected and I have to stop doing that!! Being back to work it seems like my days just fly by so fast, and the time I am home you can usually find me on Ava's bedroom floor playing/cuddling with her instead of blogging. Oh well! Can't believe we have a 3.5 month old and how MUCH she is growing/changing each and everyday. Its funny because I really don't notice just how much she is growing until I see someone we haven't seen in awhile and they say " wow look how big she is getting " or in our case what we hear the most is " wow look at how much her hair has grown!" haha! girlfriend has some serious hair on that head of hers! 


2 month picture
11-29-14

3 month picture
12-29-14




 Since our last update, Ava has celebrated three of her first holidays ( Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years!) So much fun celebrating with her this year and I can't wait until she is old enough to get excited and participate in them! Holidays are one hundred times better with little ones. It was so much fun dressing her up and showing her off! :) 


Christmas Recap: 

a few weeks before the actual holiday, Chris' brother Dan, Nicki and the kids came up for a wedding and to have Christmas with us! It was so nice spending time with them and having all of the kids together! 


We even took them to see Santa! Ava lasted 0.5 seconds!



Ava on Christmas Eve! We spent it with Chris' side of the family
and had so much fun showing her off and passing her around :)


Ava on Christmas Eve before bed! Every year growing up
we opened one present on Christmas Eve and it was always a new
pair of pj's to wear that night..so of course we are keeping that tradition going 
with Ava! My mom spent the night Christmas Eve at our house and we 
spent the morning with her opening gifts and having a yummy breakfast 
before heading to my Aunt Cindy's for Christmas with my side of the family.


Christmas Day! Such a little cutie! dressing up a little baby girl
is so much fun..and equally as much of a pain in the ass. She lasted appx 1
hour in that dress. Babies just wanna be comfortable and I can't
blame her.


 This is one of my favorite pictures of her. I am so in love
with those big brown eyes and chubby cheeks! How will
we ever say no to those eyes?


The day after Christmas we headed to my Grandparents to do dinner
and gifts with them. After 2 days of uncomfortable dresses we decided to
go with leggings and a comfy shirt! My grandparents had a bunch of black
and white pictures printed and framed for us for Christmas. It was the sweetest thing
ever!

Here is what we did with the pictures...Still need
to find pictures for the top left and right frames
but so far I am in love with how it turned out!



Ava got so spoiled with tons of toys, clothes and goodies this year from everyone! Chris and I bought her a new swing, a new big girl tub, some clothes and a few toys. It was hard figuring out what to buy a 3 month old! Here are some of the gifts she received that we love.


Fisher Price Cradle n' Swing 
This thing has been a god send for us! The mamaRoo is still great
but we found that it wasn't giving her enough of that "swinging" motion that she
really liked. This thing puts her right to sleep...every time! 



Aqua Scale bath tub. 
This thing is pretty awesome too. 
It has a digital scale and water thermometer built into it. 
Not sure why you need to weigh your baby when your giving it a bath 
but hey, its pretty cool..
The Puj tub was great when she was a newborn.. but Ava was getting
just a little too big for the bathroom sink and was starting to grab at the
faucet and kick everything near by off the counter. haha! 

Daddy was in charge of bath time there for awhile..this was
mommy's first time giving her a bath all alone...She's looking
at me like umm..wheres the pandora daddy usually plays..and 
he usually sings to me too lady! 


One of my favorite outfits grammy Lisa bought for her.
I love everything BabyGap..how adorable are those cloud tights?




Christmas was so much fun and I can't wait until next year ( well technically this year) with her!! Thank you to everyone who spoiled our little gal and made her first christmas extra special!! Ava is one loved little girl!! xoxo


Ava on New Years Eve! 
We went to our friends John and Katie's for some
food, drinks and cards against humanity! They also
have a baby and it was so fun watching him and Ava
interact! Oh how New Years Eve's have changed!! wouldn't 
have it any other way though :) 

Best part of 2014!


Whew! I really have to stop going so long in between blog posts! So much to catch up on... 
I guess we should do a two/three month update too since a lot has changed !




sleep:

Ava is currently (knock on wood) sleeping through the night! we were seriously blessed with this child. Most nights she sleeps from 10p-4a... she then wakes up, eats..and back down until about 8 am. Sounds good to me! She isn't on any type of routine as far as naps go...she sleeps when she wants and it works for us! She is getting really good about taking naps in her crib during the day though. She will lay in there and watch her mobile and suck on her hands and fall asleep..As for bed time she usually lays in our bed with us ( shame on me ;)) where she nurses and falls asleep..then Chris takes her ( he's got magic hands where baby doesn't wake up during transfer...I'm not that skilled) and puts her in the rock n' play. She still loves to sleep in that thing! 





eating:

Ava is eating about every 3-4 hours during the day and about 4-5oz per feeding. She
likes to cluster feed in the evening time lately we've noticed too. She will eat every hour/two it seems from about 6p-10p. Its almost like she fills up before the long sleep! Hey, whatever works! Still exclusively breastfeeding and not having any problems going back and forth between nursing and a bottle. Mommy is trying really hard to keep up while she is away at work too! ( finding time when you are a busy nurse can be a challenge but now that I am back into the swing of things and have (somewhat) of a routine its a little better!! ) 



new milestones/achievements:

She has really found her voice now and we are absolutely loving all of her baby talk! I was making silly voices at her today and I got her to giggle...I think my heart exploded right then and there. It was so precious and nobody got to see it but me :( I can't wait for more baby giggles!! She has also started to grab & reach for things she sees and wants. She loves the play mat on the floor with the toys hanging. She gets so excited and gets all of them moving at once its super adorable! She has also mastered holding her head up too!



likes: 

Ava is currently loving her swing...alot ( in it as we speak) She also loves baby einstein/ cartoons ...combine the two..and thats a happy babe! She still loves car rides and falls asleep usually before you get out of the driveway. She loves her rattles and teether rings...she always has one in her hand and immediately shoves in her mouth. Not sure if this is the beginning of teething or if she is too young? but she has some serious drool ALL of the time lately and always wants to knaw on everything. hmm..




Having some fun with my camera today! I have to learn to use
this thing instead of my iPhone all the time!!




I think thats a wrap for my extreme catch up post!! I can't believe Ava will be FOUR months old at the end of this month. Why couldn't four months of pregnancy go by that fast?? haha! We are having the best time ever watching her grow and become her own little person. I love her more than anything on earth!! I'm so lucky I get to be her Mama!


























No comments:

Post a Comment