Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chicken Divan

I am not lying when I tell you Chicken Divan is my favorite meal of all time. I seriously make this once a week in my house and it has become one of Chris' favorites too! I made this tonight for dinner and decided to share this gem with you all! 
Please make this. I'm serious. You won't be sorry ( unless you are on a diet ;) ) 

Here is what you need..besides 1 pound of chicken breast( I forgot to add that to the picture) and salt & pepper of course.


First you want to cut up/cube 1 pound chicken breast and sauté on skillet in some olive oil until paper bag brown.


Meanwhile, cook up your bag of frozen broccoli and layer in the bottom of a 9x13 pyrex dish.


Once chicken is done cooking, add that as your second layer on top of broccoli.




Take entire can of cream chicken soup and mix with about 1/3 cup mayo


Spread soup/mayo mixture over top of chicken/broccoli as your third layer


Sprinkle 1 bag  shredded sharp cheddar on top of soup/mayo mixture
( You can use 3/4 of the bag or less depending on your liking..we like ours really cheesy so we just use the entire bag )



Melt 1-2 tbsp. butter in microwave and mix with 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs ( Again you can add more or less bread crumbs depending on your preference....we like ours really crispy!) 


Bake at 350 for 30 mins. Broil on High for last 2 minutes to get the top crispy and brown :)
While casserole is baking, cook up some white rice ( we like jasmine sticky rice! ) 


Cut up, season with salt and pepper and serve over rice. 
ENJOY!


SO delicious!! 




2 comments:

  1. I bet Nicki will get right on this recipe since she just loves cheese. haha! Sounds delicious, I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Mom! What's shocking is that Chris likes it! I thought he was my "no cheese" brother! :)

    ReplyDelete