Monday, April 7, 2014

We're Having a Baby!

I always told myself that as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I was going to start a blog and document each and every week as soon as I found out... well after about 14 weeks into this pregnancy and lots of procrastination later I am FINALLY getting around to it! 
This first trimester was anything BUT what I had envisioned it would be like.  I had dreamt that when I found out Chris and I were expecting, I would be blissfully happy and gloating from that moment until baby was here and in our arms. Don't get me wrong, I was ECSTATIC for the first few days and felt GREAT ( and I still am so very excited!!).. until extreme fatigue, morning  all day sickness, and crankiness took over and all I wanted to do was sit on the couch/in bed and eat.... and cry..and puke. You know, the usual first trimester awfulness that nobody warned me about! Not a pretty sight! Now that the first trimester is over, the meltdowns have subsided ( for now ;) ) and I am not such a hot mess, I figure its about time to start tracking the pregnancy and documenting its progression. I know I will want to look back one day and reminisce with my little one! So lets rewind to the day I found out.... 
January 28 2014- That time of month was about 4 days come and gone... I debated all day if I should take a test ( ok maybe for like an hour )  I just couldn't take it any longer and went and bought the damn tests. I was home alone, and Chris had no idea what I was up to ;-) ....  and much to my surprise....
WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!

I could have fallen over right then and there. I immediately shrieked with excitement and I think I even ran into the living room and shouted it to the dogs.

I collected myself and decided I had to wait to tell Chris in person when he got home from work...talk  about the LONGEST wait of my life. I wanted to shout this information from the rooftops. I went to the baby store and bought a cute onesie that said " I Love My Daddy" and wrapped it up for him to open when he got home. 

I told him I went shopping that day and saw something I knew he would love. He opened it and just looked at me and said " no way! " about fifteen thousand times. He said he couldn't believe his child would fit into that outfit. Best day ever!

I went to the Doctor the very next day where they performed and early ultrasound ( although  I wasn't able to see anything on the screen just yet) and did some tests confirming that I was indeed about 4 weeks pregnant. Due October 5, 2014!!!


We knew we couldn't keep this crucial information from our families for long so we decided to let it sink in for a few weeks days ourselves then tell a few close family members. We took my Mom out to dinner that Friday night and told her afterwards with a cake that said " The only thing better than having you as a Mom is our children having you as a Grandma!" she cried and was super excited! Chris' Brother Dan came up to visit from Maryland for work and we told him over some drinks...this is when I handed my drink back to him and said your gonna be an Uncle! 
He was super happy for us! but unfortunately Nicki (his wife) and kids Mikayla and Jax weren't here to share in the excitement so we immediately got on FaceTime with them and told them the news! I really hate that they live so far away and we couldn't also tell them in person. Their parents came over the next day and we also FaceTimed with Nicki and the kids...we let the kids tell Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Mike with a picture Mikayla drew of her, her little brother Jax and a little baby cousin. It took a few minutes for them to register what exactly was going on but I think Cindy's reaction was my favorite so far! she threw the phone, jumped up, screamed, maybe let a few swear words out and immediately ran over to us and hugged us with excitement. She was SO excited. I immediately started crying. I did get her reaction on tape but I will spare her. I know how much she loves being on camera ;-)!

Fast forward now two more weeks. I actually went back to the Doctor and was lucky enough to get  another ultrasound... I could seriously get one once a week. I LOVE seeing my little peanut on that screen! I got to see the heart beating at this ultrasound and it was so amazing! although it didn't look much like a baby at this point, more like a little bean. Oh well, I LOVED it already!!

6 weeks


So much has happened since then.  We've had a few more Doctor's appointments and also got some announcement pictures done with our dogs. Which I am SO glad we decided to do. We had to put our sweet 6 year old pup Jax down last week. He was very sick and we knew he was suffering. I miss him so much already. I wish he was able to be here for when we do bring home baby but I know he will be here in spirit and our baby's little guardian angel pup. 


A few of my favorites from our announcement session! 



I will leave you with the latest ultrasound pic ...baby at 12 weeks! it looks like an actual baby now ! it was so awesome being able to watch it move around and kick! I can't wait to be able to actually feel those movements!! soon enough :-) CANNOT WAIT to find out the sex in a little over a week! then the real fun and planning can begin!! 





4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! So happy to see you blogging! I LOVE it and can not wait to go along this journey with you guys. We may be a few hundred miles away, but thanks to all this technology we have, hopefully it won't seem like it! Love you guys and this baby so much! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you started a blog, I'll love following along as you enjoy this new part of your life as "mommy and daddy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited that you're blogging, we'll be right here on this journey with you!! :) So happy for you guys and I know you'll be an awesome Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and Chris and I'm looking forward to following your baby journey through your blog :)
    On a side note, I can't believe you've gotten THREE ultrasounds already haha they barely let me have two my entire pregnancy. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete