Sunday, April 27, 2014

Nursery Updates !


As early as it is, yes the nursery is already painted! I know. I can't believe it either. I am such a procrastinator that if it were up to me ( luckily I am not able to paint ;-)) I would have ended up probably getting around to it a few days weeks before baby was born. I am super lucky to have Chris who is a tad OCD when it comes to house projects and wants to get things done! He recruited his Dad and they painted the entire room over the weekend while I was working. I am a lucky gal! 
Anyway, We already decided on the color of the nursery before we even knew what we were having.. GRAY. Duh. Problem was, finding the perfect shade of gray, because a lot of gray paint may look gray.. but once you get it onto the wall,  it looks more like a blue/green or another color you had not intended on! I wanted a gray that actually stayed gray when you put it on the wall and after searching ( pinterest of course ) and reading what others thought of particular shades, we decided on Benjamin Moore Gray Owl and couldn't be happier with the outcome! It really is the perfect shade. Although major paint retailers like Lowe's and Home Depot do not sell this brand of paint and we had to search/travel for it, plus the $60 price tag on ONE can, we are still super happy! 



Here is a before picture of the room. (Pardon the poor lighting and accumulation of baby things piled up people have given us and we have acquired :-) ) This was the guest bedroom for when our family from Maryland would come stay ( which has now been moved to the tiniest bedroom downstairs ( sorry Dan and Nicki! haha) 




After picture. ( Again pardon the ladder and poor lighting) 
I will try to get better pics once we install ceiling lighting :)
Loving it so far!
Can't wait to add some cozy carpet and lighting in here soon!



Here is what I am thinking for a light fixture. I am obsessed with that quatrefoil design!! 



Will post more once we keep updating!! :-)




2 comments:

  1. Glad your happy babe, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Can't wait to see the rest come together!

    ReplyDelete