Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nursery Ideas

If you know me at all, you know I have a problem. A problem that involves making decisions. I know women change their minds like crazy all the time, but for me this is a huge issue. I'm much worse than your average gal..like spend 15 minutes smelling body wash at the grocery store bad. 

So you can imagine how difficult deciding on anything baby related is for me.  torture! I love everything! 

Probably one of the most exciting parts about finding out we are having a girl is being able to decorate the nursery in all of the cute girly decor I just love. There are a few things we have definitely decided on for baby girl's room...I know that for her room, I don't want anything to be too "babyish" if you know what I mean. I want it to be something she can grow into that we won't have to make drastic changes to every year. Gray walls are a must. I absolutely love the color gray. its neutral and calming, and it will match pretty much all accent pieces we choose. ( One decision down....a million to go aren't you proud??) If Chris would let me, I'd paint every wall in the house gray and just accent with pops of color in each room. 
Here are a few inspiration ideas I found on pinterest for baby girls room..
 *pinterest is evil..it makes my indecisiveness 10x worse. SO many cute nursery ideas. 


How cute is the tissue paper
garland above the changing
table? I must have one!

I love the mix of pink/gold
in these photos. That gold
ottoman poof is adorable!

Must have floating shelves in the room. With cute
photos and books!

I love the zinc letters from anthropologie
to hang above crib for baby girls name
(which is probably the hardest decision
of them all! ugh)

My obsession with mirrors will not stop
at the nursery. Must have cute mirror !


Those are just a few out of the million ideas that I just love. So far sensing an ombre pink/metallic gold color scheme that I keep leaning towards. I'm sure I will change my mind ten thousand times until we actually start re-doing nursery.. but for now this is what I am loving :-) 








1 comment:

  1. Haha, as your cousin I know all too well how indecisive you can be. I love you Cait, but you have issues! My suggestion to anyone with small children or in a hurry, do not go grocery shopping with Caity. "Should I get the green bananas or yellow?" Then, 15 minutes later we leave the produce section WITHOUT BANANAS! Have fun picking out baby names, I know you guys are gonna be great parents:)

    ReplyDelete